Home | What's New | Help | Sign In/Join

Ring Manager Support

Tell a friend about this site Email a friend 
Manager: support
Ring Manager SupportNeed help with something related to the management of your WebRing Community? Check out the sites listed on the Sites page or the Permanent Posts below for some of the most commonly asked questions. Don't see an answer to your question? Search the posts, or post a new question. Answers may take a little time, so please have patience. *NOTE: Remember to include you ring's ID! Coming soon...
Sponsor this Ring

Add your site to WebRing
  Hub Member Sites Forum Directory  
Important Posts
This is for ring MANAGEMENT Issues
  This is the support forum for managers to get assistance with ring manageme
read...
Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 10 of 10
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

This is for ring MANAGEMENT Issues - 06/06/2011
This is the support forum for managers to get assistance with ring management questions and problems. As such you need to be logged into your account when posting here, so we can view your problem more easily, and you shuld be asking ring management related questions.

Off topic posts will be removed to keep the focus of the forum on ring management issues.

Replied - 11/06/2012
I have an annoying situation with a WebRing member who has over 80 Rings stacked in his NavBar... This type of setup has 2 disastrous effects: 1) Navigation slows down to a proverbial "crawl" which is very annoying to people visiting a Ring. My research shows that most people get "lost" in the shuffle and ABANDON the Ring they are trying to navigate... 2) Navigation stats show that visitors literally ABANDON this type of setup.... In my opinion, WR should limit the number of sites that may be "stacked" to a reasonable limit - for example, possibly 5.... or even better, get rid of the "stacking" concept altogether. Your kind consideration is greatly appreciated.

Replied - 11/06/2012
The default is to show 1 navbar. Members can opt to show more at their choice. As manager you have the option of suspending or removing them from your ring if their site is hurting the rest of your ring. Perhaps suspend them and ask them to limit the number to display to some reasonable, fixed, number.

If you're not the manager, but "just" a member of the ring you can take that argument to the manager.

Sounds like a links page anyway, which is of limited value. Surely no one would show 80 rings on a content page.

Replied - 11/06/2012
The first page when you are viewing a ring, almost always will NOT refer to the ring that you are surfing! I echo - the amount of webrings the site contains ought to be "restrained."
Two "frames" ought to be enough - 60+ navpanels is being too much and I too lose my way!!!
How about alphabetical order in the navpanels as a solution?

Replied - 11/06/2012
If you're navigating the ring, versus managing the ring, the navbar for the ring being surfed will display. There are two exceptions to this: Cookies are disabled, or the member has made it so that all navbars show.

In both cases it is not in the managers control. If you don't like having a member with lots of other memberships then either suspend or delete them. Or, ask them to move your ring to the top as a compromise

Replied - 11/07/2012
] If you're navigating the ring, versus managing the ring,
] the navbar for the ring being surfed will display.
] There are two exceptions to this: Cookies are disabled,
] or the member has made it so that all navbars show.

Three! the _first_ ring after you begin surfing, the ring almost always illustrates the false webring.

Replied - 11/07/2012
This is a little vague. Can you list a process where the situation can be replicated reliably?

Replied - 11/09/2012
I beleive I can answer that!
{ Three! the _first_ ring after you begin surfing,
{ the ring almost always illustrates the false webring.

You read the http://susansdesign.com/illusion.htm WITHOUT following a webring, say clicking the "Optical Illusions" in my "magic" (gabigabo) webring with for instance
http://u.webring.com/wrman?ring=gabigabo&manring
to simulate the _first_ ring after you begin surfing!

It will display Optical Illusions (opticalillusions) as appossed to "magic" since the "Optical Illusions" is at the top of the stack!
Therefore the "false" webring will be displayed 75% of the time!
It easy to see g3nbu's reasoning, if you are agreeable or not!

Replied - 11/16/2013
I can't find New Topics!
the "Pacific Islands Ring" (pac) site=32, http://www.melwert.com/ is defective! It went "defective" nearly one week ago, the webmaster didnt adjust anything and the "next/prev" doesn't work Unless we activate!! the activate works "temporary." the next/prev is correct.

correct please !!!

Replied - 11/16/2013
it appears to be passing, though it is using HTMl not the SSNB code

All Threads |   All Posts   ]
Popular | The Shops at WebRing | Blogs | Webspace | Discuss
Family & Home | Games & Gaming | Music | Pets | Politics | Religion
Art | Literature | Computers | Entertainment | Fitness | Hobbies & Crafts | Science | Sports & Rec | Travel
Business | Cultural | Education | Food | Regional | Relationships
Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy