Home | What's New | Help | Sign In/Join

Ring Manager Support

Tell a friend about this site Email a friend 
Manager: support
Ring Manager SupportNeed help with something related to the management of your WebRing Community? Check out the sites listed on the Sites page or the Permanent Posts below for some of the most commonly asked questions. Don't see an answer to your question? Search the posts, or post a new question. Answers may take a little time, so please have patience. *NOTE: Remember to include you ring's ID! Coming soon...
Sponsor this Ring

Add your site to WebRing
  Hub Member Sites Forum Directory  
Important Posts
This is for ring MANAGEMENT Issues
  This is the support forum for managers to get assistance with ring manageme
read...
Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 2 of 2
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

newbie needs help - 05/30/2012
Hi there,
I just joined WebRing today and want to use it to build an already growing community of other web/business owners who are working in the same direction our company is.

I am totally new to the concept of a webring. I am using a WordPress platform and made a page for the ring (not visible in my site navbar yet) at http://the7gracesofmarketing.com/7GGC/7-graces-community.

I put the WebRing code on the page. It still says "Temporary Code" on it. Is that because the site has to be manually approved or is there something I still need to complete? On my account page it says it's an active link, but there are no members yet. Can you please tell me if it's just a matter of waiting or if there's something else I need to do?

Also, I notice the other rings are categorised, but I can't find anyplace in my account to submit my ring to a category. :-(

Lastly, I would like people to sumbit for membership to this ring through an application process (basically just answering a question) and also they will need to post a mission statement on their site, not just the webring code. I can do this all manually in the initial stages, but really need to automate it once we get a lot of applicants coming in (which they will, as there is a big drive for this starting soon. I could insert an application form using a custom contact form, but that won't add them automatically to the ring.

I guess I don't know fully what WebRing can and cannot do yet because it's not functioning on my site. Can anyone guide me here?

Many thanks!
Lynn
7gracescommunity

Replied - 05/30/2012
Hi Lynn,

The temporary code is there until the site has been subimtted to a ring. We did so for you just now to get you started.

But it sounds like your next step will be to ceate a ring. To do this, visit the directory area of webring
(click discover at the top of the page when you sign in to your account, or go to dir.webring.com/rw, butyou should be signed in so you can create a ring)

find the location in the directory wher the ring should go - comunit, business, that's up to you. then click the create ring link.

Post bak when you get your ring created (or if you get lost) and we'll go fro there.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]
Popular | The Shops at WebRing | Blogs | Webspace | Discuss
Family & Home | Games & Gaming | Music | Pets | Politics | Religion
Art | Literature | Computers | Entertainment | Fitness | Hobbies & Crafts | Science | Sports & Rec | Travel
Business | Cultural | Education | Food | Regional | Relationships
Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy